Our application is here! Apply to Teach
Tips on Applying
- When applying, ensure that your class description and learning objective are very clear. Your class will be selected based on the class description and a lightly-edited version of the description will be in our class catalog and used by students to evaluate whether to sign up. It is important that both Expo staff and students understand what your class will teach.
- You are required to include at least one photo of the finished project or technique. You must own the rights to this photo – which can usually be guaranteed if you are the one who took it. Classes with clear photos that represent the finished project or learned technique tend to sell better than those without pictures.
- You must submit an individual application for each class you want to teach. Please enter the same biographical information for all the classes, including uploading the same headshot.
- Consider your kit fee costs carefully. How much do materials cost, and how much time does it take to assemble the kits? Kit fee prices cannot change after the catalog is printed.
- The application period closes on Aug. 23, but don’t wait until the last minute to apply.
- You can review and edit your application until the application period closes on Aug. 23. After Aug. 23, you must email the Education Manager to revise your application.
Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or for more information! Our education manager, Amy Veneziano, is available to help you succeed at the show.
In order to be paid, you must send us a current, signed copy of your IRS Form W-9. From there, we will generate an Invoice Voucher, which also must be signed to process payment. Please submit the W-9 by Dec. 1, 2020. If we do not receive your W-9 or Invoice Voucher before Expo, your payment for Expo may be delayed or forfeited.
Teacher Terms & Conditions
By registering as a teacher at the Sewing & Stitchery Expo, you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of the show. Failure to comply with show rules may result in your removal from the show and forfeiture of teacher payment.