Classes are February 24-28, 2021
The Sewing & Stitchery Expo offers classes in a variety of sewing, textile, and fiber arts. Most classes are sewing related, whether hand or machine, and students also love beading, knitting, crochet, tatting, weaving, and other textile arts-related topics.
If you have an idea for a class, we’d love to hear about it, or from you! Read the information here and check out our 2021 Selection Criteria to decide if teaching at Expo is right for you.
Expo teachers must be associated with a vendor booth. Many teachers are also business owners and have their own booths, while others are employees or contractors representing a business or organization. If you are unaffiliated with a vendor booth, you can let us know and we will try to help you make a connection and discuss whether the Pop Up Shop is an option. Teachers who have a vendor booth can teach and sell relevant products to students, as well as meet new customers and potential students.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted through the online form to be considered. The online application will open soon.
Please keep track of these important show deadlines:
- Aug. 16: Online application closes
- Dec. 1: W-9 form is due
- December: Print and online catalogs released to the public
- January: Online ticket sales begin
- Feb. 10: Teachers will be provided with student email addresses, if necessary
- Feb. 25: Four Needle classes begin
- Feb. 26-28: Sewing & Stitchery Expo is open
We know that Expo is a busy event. Between classes and vendor booths, time management becomes even more important. Some suggestions for teacher success …
- Read emails from Expo!
- When you apply, submit complete class descriptions and at least one photo that represents the class.
- Arrive early and finish your class on time.
- Let class volunteers know if there are any special circumstances in your class. Our Clothing & Textile Advisors are officially there to check students in and assist with their experience, but most are glad to help the teacher if they can.
- Prepare a handout on your class topic or technique. We know this may generate a lot of paper, so we recommend keeping the handout online or as a cloud document, then share the link with students so they can access it on their own.
- Let us know if you need to reach students before class for sizing or other information. We will provide you with an email list of enrolled students at least two weeks before the show so that you can connect with them. If we provide you with student email addresses, you may not add them to your own mailing list.
- Come prepared (and bring extra materials!)
For hotel information, please visit our Accommodations page.
Teacher Terms & Conditions
By registering as a teacher at the Sewing & Stitchery Expo, you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of the show. Failure to comply with show rules may result in your removal from the show and forfeiture of teacher payment.