Washington State University, the show management, nor any member of the above named will be responsible for any guaranteed number of participants, nor for any injury, loss or damage that may occur to the teacher or the teacher’s employees or property from any cause whatsoever.
If a teacher is unable to teach in their appointed time, they must email Amy Veneziano at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We may cancel the class, replace it with another class, or teachers can recommend a substitute, if possible. Classes with less than a 15 percent fill rate after one week of registrations, and less than 30 percent after three weeks, may be subject to cancellation. Teachers will be contacted before the class is cancelled to discuss options.
All classes are in Pacific Standard Time.
- Topics must be of general public interest in sewing, yarnwork, or other fiber arts. They must support the educational mission of the Sewing & Stitchery Expo. Regardless of type, classes must include demonstration of a technique or provide educational information related to the sewing/textiles industry.
- Submission of a current IRS Form W-9 and signed university-provided Invoice Voucher are required for payment. Teacher will submit signed and completed IRS Form W-9 to the Education Manager by Dec. 1, 2020. Failure to do so may result in delay of payment or forfeiture of position at Expo.
- Teacher is responsible for all kit fulfillment, including pricing and mailing. Teachers must provide a link or email address to Expo management by Oct. 31 for students to use to buy kits. Expo management will provide teachers with a list of student names and email addresses at least three weeks before Expo to ensure kits are received.
- Class time limits will be strictly enforced.
- Late class applications will not be accepted.
- Student contact information provided by Expo should only be used to contact students about their class at the 2021 Expo. If provided, teachers will not add student emails to their mailing lists without student consent.
- Classes will be recorded and may be made available to registered students for a limited time period after the show. They will not be retained or sold to future audiences. If you have questions about this policy, please contact the Education Manager.
- Submitted class photos and descriptions should belong to the teacher or the vendor they represent. If that is not the case, teacher may forfeit their position at Expo.
Voicemail is checked daily.