Open each question to see the drop-down answer! The Virtual Expo is all online, and we hope you decide to connect.
- When is the 2021 Expo?
- The 2021 Virtual Sewing & Stitchery Expo is Feb. 24-28. Expo will come to you live in your home or creative studio!
- When can I buy tickets?
- Ticket sales begin on Jan. 12. We know that classes can sell out quickly, so we encourage you to be prepared with your class schedule in mind. Check the catalog and use the handy shopping list to plan your Virtual Expo experience.
If you want to take a class with a kit, act fast! You must register for the class by Feb. 2, 2021, in order to receive kits before your class. You can still register after Feb. 2, but your kit may not come in time. Be sure to connect with the class teacher to purchase kits or ask questions.
- How much does it cost to attend?
- General admission tickets are $6, which includes access to the Virtual Expo platform for all five days of Expo, including the Virtual Vendor Floor, Free Stage classes, and daily entry in the machine door prize drawing! You can also purchase classes to complete your Expo experience. One Needle classes are $6, Three Needle classes are $30, and Four Needle classes are $50.
- How will Virtual Expo work?
- The Virtual Sewing & Stitchery Expo brings the best parts of Expo right to your home or studio! The virtual platform will be accessible via desktop, laptop, tablet, or smart phone. We know that virtual is a different way to do Expo, and we’ll be there to help troubleshoot any technological issues in every class and event during the show!
Admission includes access to the Virtual Expo platform for all five days of Expo, including the Virtual Vendor Floor, Free Stage classes, and daily entry in the machine door prize drawing! You can also purchase classes to complete your Expo experience.
To participate in classes, interactive virtual vendor booths, and the Free Stage, you will need to sign up for a free Zoom account, have a computer, tablet or phone with the Zoom app installed and updated to the latest version, and a high-speed internet connection. There is more information about how classes will work on our website at this link.
You do not need to register for the Free Stage or Vendor Sessions in advance. They will be automatically included in the Virtual Expo hub when it opens.
- What are the hours of the Virtual Sewing & Stitchery Expo?
- Classes are offered every day from 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. The Virtual Vendor Floor is open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Check out the class catalog for more information. All events are in Pacific Standard Time.
- Where can I find the class descriptions and schedule?
- The 2021 Class Catalog is online at this link. You can also sign up for our e-newsletter for more information! The 2021 Virtual Sewing & Stitchery Expo Class Catalog is only available online.
We are not offering Two Needle classes this year. A couple of our One Needle classes are 90 minutes, but you will still pay the One Needle rate!
The Free Stage and Vendor sessions will be automatically added to your schedule, so you can take any of them, at any time you want. You will see them in your schedule when Expo opens on Feb. 24.
- How do kits work?
- Teachers for individual classes are responsible for shipping kits to students. If you have a question about a specific class or kit, including international shipping, we recommend contacting the teacher for that class. Teacher contact information is available on our website at this link.
Please keep shipping times in mind when you register for classes. Teachers must assemble and mail kits in advance. If you register for classes after Feb. 2, 2021, you may not receive your kit in time for class! If your shipping address is not in the continental U.S., we recommend contacting your teacher in advance to see if they can help or offer a kit alternative.
- How do I buy tickets?
- Ticket registration is available at this link. Make sure to check the instructions and Terms & Conditions before checking out. Class tickets will only be sold online, and this year, you’ll only be able to purchase tickets for yourself — so tell your friends to be ready to sign up, too! Classes do sell out fast, so we recommend you plan your schedule out in advance.
Classes are listed by day and time, and you can search for the class number, title, or description keywords. You can also use the drop-down categories to identify classes that have kits or require sewing machines. We recommend you log in with your class shopping list ready to go to create your perfect Expo schedule.
Be patient with the system – in most cases, one click is all you need to get to the next step. Your time is limited, so make sure to select your classes and check out within 15 minutes.
The Free Stage and Vendor sessions will be automatically added to your schedule, and you do not need to register.
- What is your refund policy?
- Refunds will not be offered unless the class is canceled by the Sewing & Stitchery Expo. Class recordings will be available for 30 days after Virtual Expo if you want to revisit content. Only students registered for the original class can access the recordings. Classes will be uploaded shortly following Virtual Expo.
- What kind of equipment do I need for classes?
- To participate in classes, interactive virtual vendor booths, and the Free Stage, you will need to sign up for a free Zoom account, have a computer, tablet or phone with the Zoom app installed and updated to the latest version, and a high-speed internet connection.
Please note: Some classes may require a sewing machine, serger, or other sewing tool. These will be noted in the class description. Make sure you come to class with your sewing machine or serger prepped and serviced if necessary.
- What do I need to know to use Zoom?
- Zoom is an online video platform. We will host classes on our professional Zoom account, so all that you need to do is create a free account to log in. If you have questions, we’re here to help! We will offer check-ins before Expo so you can test your connection, practice turning your video on and off, and muting and unmuting yourself, as well as other skills. We will also have live help during Expo if you run into a problem. Just let us know, and we’ll meet you online to get you back into Expo again.
- Will Virtual Expo be recorded?
- Yes! Our classes, vendor sessions, and Free Stage will be recorded and available for 30 days after Expo. Classes will only be available to students who registered for them in advance. You can also reach out to the teacher or vendor at any time with questions — they love to hear from you!
Although our classes are recorded, we hope you plan to take them live during Virtual Expo so you can ask questions and interact with your classmates!
- Are class sizes limited?
- Yes, we do have limits on class sizes. Most Three and Four Needle classes will have a maximum of 30 students, to ensure that students can actively engage with each other and the instructor during class. One Needle classes will have a limit of 300 students. If you have a can’t-miss class, make sure to sign up as soon as you can! Ticket sales begin Jan. 12.
If a class is full, add yourself to the waitlist! If there are enough people on the waitlist, we may be able to add additional class sessions. You’ll be notified if that happens.
- I have ADA needs. What do I need to do?
- Persons with ADA needs should note the need in the required portion of the online class registration. If you have questions in advance email us at SewExpo@wsu.edu. Requests made 30 days or less prior to Expo are not guaranteed.
- How can I contact a teacher or vendor after Expo?
- The full list of teachers and vendors is on our website and in the virtual platform, which includes teacher and vendor contact information.